Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week Three down!

Things are going well! 

As I see family and friends posting on Facebook about their children going off to school this week, especially their Kindergarteners, I am ever so thankful that I do not have to send  my children off to school.  I love that Max will have his first official year of schooling, right here at home!    Although we have our rough days, we have so many more great days.  As my baby starts K5 this year, I also realize that my oldest son only has 5 more years until he is off to college.  I don't want time to stop, but I would like it to sllllooooowww down.

We are on the North America continent for our geography studies, and right now in the U.S.  Since we spent last year studying American history, this has been a bit of review for us.  We did have our American feast at a restaurant here called Liberty, which has a whole Statue of Liberty theme.  That was yummy!

Cooper and Max made an Native American child and teepee, as a project.    They have also been enjoying an online reading game called Reading Eggs.  Normally this would be too pricey for us, especially for two subscriptions, but we got a HUGE deal on the price at the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. 


Chandler doing school work....not the best picture, but wanted to show he does exist, lol!

Cooper painting his Indian teepee with Watercolor crayon paints.

Max working on his teepee.

Cooper working on Reading Eggs.

No comments: