Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mommy Words Blog Planner Review

My first task as a member of the Mosaic Reviews team was to try out and review a Blog Planner.  We had several to choose from.  At first I was not keen on the idea.  After all, I feel that I am very organized in most aspects of life, and have my life planned in detail on my iPhone calendar which can be accessed from my iPad as well as any computer.  Why go all archaic and go back to paper?   That being said, I have also been a neglectful blogger, going weeks, even months, in between posting on my blog.  As I was going through the different Planner sites we could choose from, it began to dawn on me that there IS something to this blog planning, it COULD help me be a more purposeful blogger, more dedicated, and more scheduled.  But I'm still not keen on doing alot of printing, so I found THE perfect blog planner for me from Mommy Words:
  Weekly Blog Planner by Mommy Words

I love this planner.  It's one page per week.  It has a line for each day, so you can plan out your daily posts that week, and even put what cateogory it goes  under on your blog (if you have categories, which I currently don't).


What I especially love is the To-Do list, which has such topics as Backup, Check Links, Reply to Comments, and several more.  I thought that was brilliant.   It's there and you see it every day and see it needs to be done until you check it off.  Can't get a more visual reminder than that!  Replying to Comments is a big one for me, as I get email notifications when someone leaves a comment on my blog, and I have to actually go in and approve it (keeps away the creeps!).  It'd be nice and friendly if I replied to those kind enough to leave comments :)

The blog planner has Communication-Reach Out section to list who you might need to contact that week regarding blogging. I used this space to remind myself to check out some of my friends blogs and leave comments.  In the blogging world, this is like giving a thumbs-up or pat on the back, for a blogger to know that someone is actually reading their work. 

There is also a Notes box....love this!  Random notes pertaining to my blogging and Mosaic Reviews work that may not fit into another category. 

The Blog Planner from Mommy Words was so good for me, and serves it's purpose well.  Not too much printing, so I didn't feel like I stepped back into the Stone Age, one sheet a week that was very direct and to the point, and not too many graphics/colors to eat up my ink.   Best of all, I've actually used it!  Two thumbs up!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Nice review!

If I get tired of printing too much (I use a planner too) I may give this one a try. I need a lot of space to write out my notes - I tend to ramble! I'm not sure this one would have that space, but I do like the reminders and checking things off. Hmmm...thanks for sharing!

Nickida said...

I really like the notes section on this planner and that it has a section for remembering to reply to comments.

Unknown said...

Oh, I like this planner too! Great Review.