Monday, January 28, 2013

Butterflies!!

I have butterflies!  Things are happening and life is turning wheels.  

This week my oldest son will be trying out for the high school baseball team as a 9th grader.  Four days of try-outs and then a decision is made.  He's calm, as always, and we've pep-talked him to just go out and do your best, play baseball like you always do, and what happens is what happens.  So we're not making a big deal about it on the outside.  He's already tried out and made a travel team, so even if he doesn't make the school team,  he'll still be playing baseball at an advanced level.  BUT all that being said, anytime your loved one is trying out for something, at the mercy of someone else's judgement and decision, it's nerve-wracking!  I just want him to achieve what he wants to achieve, and to hear "no" will be a disheartening moment for him.  Crossing my fingers and toes! 

I'm making a change in my work situation.  I do contract work, at home, with Arise Virtual Solutions.  I've been working with a client for 2 1/2 years  (we're not allowed to divulge client names online).   It's a chat project with a major electronics company, chatting with customers from the client's website, selling their products via the chat.   It's been enjoyable and it's been a paycheck but I've been kinda over it, bored with it, for a while.   In October, I took on another client, went through a month of training, and have been working with that client since.  It's a travel company and I take calls for them, selling their product.  I'm loving this one!  Problem is, both require me to work 20 hours each week, for a total of 40 hours.  I'm only able to work about 20-25 hours a week, with all else I have going on in life, so I'm not able to complete the requirement for EITHER client, instead only doing 10ish hours for each.  I'm hating that, so I've decided to give up my contract with the chat project.  Scary, because I've been doing this for so long and it's comfortable for me.  But I want to be able to focus on the travel company, complete the requested 20 hours, and actually enjoy what I am doing.   Crossing fingers and toes that this is the right choice!

Hoping to release the butterflies and untangle my extremities by the end of this week! 

No comments: