Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Winding down.....or winding up?

It's May!   Lots of things happening around here.

We are slowing down in our school work.  Not getting lazy, just getting done!  We've finished many of our subjects, and only have 5-6 weeks left in a few more.  We'll continue math and reading all summer long, but our school days are definitely at a more leisurely pace.   Good thing too, because our neighborhood pool has just opened, and since public school is still in session until the first week of June, we'll have it to ourselves most of the time in May.

Though school may be slowing down, I'm looking ahead to our summer, and it doesn't seem like it will be slow at all....aka hectic!  Chandler's travel baseball season will be in full swing starting this weekend, which means traveling around the state most weekends through July.  We just found out that spring Football starts May 1st, and then we got the summer schedule for football.  He'll need to be there everyday at 9 a.m....so much for sleeping in!   So football in the morning, pool mid-day, and baseball in the evenings and weekends.   Add in 90-100 degree temps with 100% humidity and it makes for a sweaty summer!

I'm busy planning our curriculum for next year.  Got lots of ideas swirling around but I think I've narrowed down our choices.  Now to shop around for  good used deals.  We have two huge used curriculum sales in May, here in town, so those will be my first stops.  If I don't find it used, I'll get it new.   The Teach Them Diligently Convention is this weekend, and I'm volunteering, in order to get free admission.  I'm excited to go to that to hear some inspiring speakers and to see curriculum in person.

We officially registered for Classical Conversations, and I'll attend a parent practicum in July for that.

I've got lots of things on my to-do list this summer.  I want to utilize my free time (haha, no that's not a joke, I may have free time!) to organize the photos on the computer, sew a few things, and make lesson plans for next school year.  Oh, and I've set a goal to run a 5K in the fall, so I need to train for that by using a C25K App.    Oh, and I want to go blueberry picking and strawberry picking so I need to pay attention to the harvest dates for those!

So yes, it sounds like winding UP is the way to go!

No comments: